The Beautiful Tanzania You Have to Visit to Appreciate
Profile of CEO of the Day
Hot Selling Product you can use to raise Cash
anzania has been spared the internal strife that has blighted many African states.
Domestic stability has not translated into economic prosperity for Tanzanians, however. Many of its people live below the World Bank poverty line, although the country has had some success in wooing donors and investors.
Tanzania is home to two renowned tourism destinations – Africa’s highest mountain, Kilimanjaro, and wildlife-rich national parks such as the Serengeti – but has become a target for poachers.
Conservationists have warned that the entire elephant population could die out by the end of the decade if they continue to be killed for their ivory at the current rate.
- United Republic of Tanzania
- Capital: Dodoma
- Population 47.6 million
- Area 945,087 sq km (364,900 sq miles)
- Major languagesEnglish, Swahili
- Major religionsChristianity, Islam
- Life expectancy 58 years (men), 60 years (women)
- Currency Tanzanian shilling